Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I've Been Runnin'

Being a student again SUCKS. I had this elaborate vision of walking around campus in my chucks and faux-Buddy Holly glasses, carrying my North Face bag and pumping indie tunes through my headphones. I was gonna strut through the student union, lookin' all fly and shit, while girls swooned and boys got jealous. And every once in awhile, I supposed I'd stop in for a lecture and learn some big words I could use to impress people.

Well. There's nothing cute about trying to get to class by 8 a.m. And I'm going to a community college... the student union is tiny and ugly and empty, and it's nowhere near the science building. "Impressive" isn't the adjective I'd use to describe myself mumbling anatomical terms and chemical formulas to myself like a schizophrenic. But I've got the chucks and Buddy Holly glasses down. And there are some cute girls in my glass who find me intriguing at the very least. I'm over the whole studying and doing homework all the time thing, though. I have sooooo many more classes to take. Ugh.

Ok, I'm done complaining. I finally started my job at the hospital, and I freaking LOVE it! You guys, my patients adore me. Seriously. And the real nurses actually depend on me for shit. I've never felt so useful in my life. I rush around taking vitals, refilling water pitchers, testing blood sugars, rolling patients around in their beds to clean poop off of them, emptying catheter bags, getting coughed and spit and puked on, running errands, calming families down... for 12 hours. And I swear to you, I have a grin on my face the whole damn time. Despite being broke and flinging myself into the throes of debt, I will never regret leaving accounting. NEVER! When I think about my old job, this really dramatic voice (in my head) screams "GIVE ME FREEDOM OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!" 

So anyway. That's what I've been up to.

I think my next post will be about dancing and dating.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Natali,

You are freakin hilarious! I'm so glad you love your new job. I hope you start loving school again too :)